Apple Cake and Fruits


My husband bought wholesale of Clementine and Apples at Costco. He also picked up some banana at Giant Eagle. I do not want all these apples go to waste so, I baked Apple cake. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law during our trip to Chicago. My Apple cake turned out alright but not as moist as my sister-in-law's apple cake.

Apple Cake

4 c. apples, peeled and diced
2 eggs
2 c sugar (use 1/2 brown, 1/2 white)
2 1/2 c. flour (sift, then measure)
2 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 c. vegetables oil
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. raisins
1c. chocolate bits (leave this out)

Procedure:
~ Beat the eggs well and pour over the diced apples.
~ Sift together in a large bowl the sugar, flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
~ Add the vegetables oil to dry ingredients, mixing well.
~ Stir in the apple and egg mixture. Add nuts, raisins and chocolate bits. Batter will be thick. Mix thoroughly, then pour into well greased "9x13" pan, bundtpan or tube pan.
~ Bake 1 hour in pre-heated 325 degree oven. No frosting is necessary.
Chaching!!! Tadaa!

1 comments:

Dhemz said...

ayay! kalami.. bounty full man kau ug fruits...naa pa apple cake diha? ngayo ko ug usa ka slice.